Oh Hai. So much going on here in Atlanta. I am neck deep in wedding planning. I am also going to Texas on Thursday for SXSW Interactive. Some links from my MarsEdit dashboard to start your week off with.
- User Generated Web Video: FAIL I pretty much totally agree with this guy.
- Harper Collins is offering one of my favorite books of all time, American Gods by Neil Gaiman, for free online during the month of March.
- Actual Performance versus Perceived Performance. Really interesting analysis of file copies on Vista and XP.
- New Nine Inch Nails released online. I paid the five dollars to get a copy, but they are being crushed by the traffic. The ohmpark article I linked to talks about the genesis of this “experiment.” White people like experiments. Also amusing, the name of the company payments go to is “The Null Corporation.”
- I went to see Jose Gonzalez at the Variety Playhouse last night. Mini-Review: After missing his last three Atlanta stops, this show met up with all my lofty personal expectations. Jose is a marvel, and you should check him out.
- I received my new point and shoot camera on Friday, and spent much of the weekend playing with it. It’s an impressive little beast, and I am happy to have a point and shoot that offers most of the manual control that my SLR does as well as RAW file output. Unlike the previous models, where the Panasonic was the same as the Leica, this one has some Leica fiddling with the image processing. Look in my FLickr stream for some examples.