I need to switch to a different email application on my Mac OS X boxes. I used to use MSFT’s Entourage, but I switched over to Mail, which Apple ships with Mac OS X. I’m not happy with either at this point. I want something slimmer and more responsive. There’s a list of some other options over at Mac Net Journal, the problem is that I am so email intensive that it is quite an investment in time for me to test out new mail applications. I guess I will try the most recent version of Entourage since it has been updated. The things that I need most in an email client are:
- Support for multiple accounts.
- Strong filtering capabilities.
- Some kind of Spam filtering.
- Responsive Interface and mail browsing.
- Stability, good conformance with Mac OS X User Interface Conventions.